On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Alain M. wrote:

AM >Hi Hugo and Bonnie,
AM >
AM >Bonnie Dalzell escreveu:
AM >> On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Hugo Delchini wrote:
AM >>
AM >> # This entry automatically added by the Debian installer for a non-linux
AM >> OS
AM >> # on /dev/hda1
AM >> title           FreeDOS
AM >> root            (hd0,0)
AM >> savedefault
AM >> makeactive
AM >> chainloader     +1
AM >
AM >Complement for HUGO: I understand that "makeactive" is to set the
AM >partition as Active, needed only in case that you have more than one
AM >primary partition that you want to boot. Remember that any dos will only
AM >boot from a primary partition, usualy hda1, hda2 or hda3, extended
AM >partitions will not work
AM >
AM >Bonnie: what is "savedefault" ?
AM >

have to admit I am not sure. this was the suggested format from Ubuntu for
setting up a dos bootable partition and it works so i had not explored
further. I have had my freedos installations booting from primary
partitions. generally it has been a small first partition because
freedos does fine with 1/2 a gig and on these huge modern drives it has
been trivial for me to save a small 1/2 gig partition at the start of the
drive when I am setting it up.

AM >Alain
AM >
AM >
AM >-------------------------------------------------------------------------
AM >This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
AM >Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2005.
AM >http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
AM >Freedos-user mailing list
AM >Freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
AM >

                       Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd ---- Hydes MD USA 21082-----EMAIL:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog

Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com