What are you exactly getting when typing "echo %dosdir%"?

OK, took your advice and entered “echo %dosdir%”.
The response is “C:\FDOS”

The subdirectories Appinfo and Packages are as you describe. Appinfo has 142
*.lsm files and Packages has 225 subdirectories and 232 *.lst files. I got it
straight now (probably forgot to do “/w | more” after the dir command --- it’s
been a while since I used DOS). The full installation is just under 400MB.

Thank you, and my apology for being silly.

—Solo Owl