Hi,

I'm not sure if this is "off-topic" for the freedos-user list. If so, let me
know or ignore this message. My apologies if this is the case.

I have an XP machine and am booting into real dos from a floppy, a usb flash
card becoming my c drive.

I'm running the MS tcp/ip network client/server, as the djgpp project I'm
working on needs network access and I also want internet access from real dos
so I'm running tests with the htget watt-32 application prior to incorporating
watt-32 in the project [libSocket works fine from a windos box only].

On its own, the network client works fine; minus the network client, htget
works fine: I can grab a page from another machine on the LAN running an Apache
web server.

However, when I run the network client and watt-32 app together, htget reports
"no arp reply", "cannot get connected."

The card I'm using is a Realtek 8139 fast ethernet card and the network client
loads the ndis card driver rtssnd.dos. If I don't load anything else, watt-32
reports "no packet driver found", so in a bat run at bootup, I'm loading
rtspkt.com (on 0x61). I'm too much of a novice to know if it's right to load
both the card driver and the packet driver.

Any ideas, folks? Thanks in advance. If this subject is on-topic then I can
send the relevant config. details.

With good wishes,
EricT.