Eric Twose schrieb:
> The card I'm using is a Realtek 8139 fast ethernet card and the network
> client loads the ndis card driver rtssnd.dos. If I don't load anything else,
> watt-32 reports "no packet driver found", so in a bat run at bootup, I'm
> to load both the card driver and the packet driver.

Maybe the following works:

1. Download the DIS_PKT at
<ftp://ftp.danlan.com/ftp.danlan.com/pdr_shim/dis_pkt/dis_pkt.zip>

2. Unpack it and copy the file dis_pkt.dos into the directory where
your other network interface card drivers and MS Client files are
located (I am assuming C:\NET).

3. Open PROTOCOL.INI and insert these lines:

[PKTDRV]
drivername=PKTDRV$
bindings=RTSND
intvec=0x60
chainvec=0x68

(I am assuming that the [section] that defines your network card is
called [RTSND]. Change it, if this is incorrect.)

4. If you startup MS Client by DEVICEHIGH=IFSHLP.SYS in CONFIG.SYS,
you are done here.
If you start it instead by these two lines in CONFIG.SYS:
DEVICEHIGH=C:\NET\PROTMAN.DOS /I:C:\NET
DEVICEHIGH=C:\NET\RTSND.DOS
add a third line:
DEVICEHIGH=C:\NET\DIS_PKT.DOS

This should be all. You don't have to load a separate packet driver.
Uli