Mr. Willard,

The suggestions by the below long time FreeDOS users are a good start.  It
may be that you can figure this out on your own.  That will make it easier
for you to do more of you own computer setup over time.  Learning new things
is always good.

That said this form may give you the guidance you need to reach your goal.
There are many here ready to help as you have already seen.  It is easier to
learn to do things on your own if you have a working example.  I can see it
is a bit of a challenge for you now.

There are experts here who have a great amount of knowledge.  If you are
completely stuck you may want to consider a paid telephone support session
with one of the qualified experts.  That is absolutely inline with the ideas
of Open Source.  Everything is not free with Open Source.

Open Source is, well, open source.  The source code is distributed and then
if someone is pleased to do so, a binary, compiled, and ready to install CD
or download is made available.  A distribution is not a part of being Open
Source, it is a community benefit.  People who want are able to sell their
services to support using an Open Source software package. Consulting, for
example, is a time honored way for those who need it to get help.

There are the FreeDOS developers who would greatly appreciate some
compensation for their many dedicated hours.  Just look up their names on
the web site.  They may or may not be interested in telephone consulting.
As for myself, I've worked with most of the DOS derivatives for the last 26
years since MS-DOS 1.0.  So I have a rough idea of how it works.  I've been
using FreeDOS for about two years inside LINUX and Windoze XP.   Give me a
try if others are not interested.

Well I hope give some perspective to things for you.  Good luck.

John S. Wolter President
Wolter Works
Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Desk 1-734-665-1263