i have freedos 1 and every so often it will decide not to let me
execute any programs. cd, dir and most internal commands work, but if
i tell it to run a program it returns a prompt without any errors and
does nothing. the i restart and it runs fine again. this happens on my
intel core 2 duo with sata hd and my shuttle 597 200 mhz with 500 mb
hd
also i have noticed that freegem will not load many of my dos
programs. commander keen loads the opening screen and then quits.