Hi you lot
About 15 years ago I wrote but did not get to quite assemble a dos extender to
support 4GB
segments with a 386 compiler that supported the the old (RIP) MS-DOS but
generated segment
selectors,instead of addresses's,ie a "flat memory model", switching at the
MS-DOS API.
Windows came out and 386emu.exe,so i lost interest.
I can get it finished my self,it will need migrating across to a new 486
compiler,old compiler
unsupported now,but is installed on disk,distrubution disk lost.
Is this of any interest to the Free-dos community?
If so I need to get a 386 AT AT interface hard disk read,and copy to a CD,have
the cyl,hd,sctr,info.
Can any body help in this matter,can ship hard disk to anywhere reasonable.
If this can be done I can finish it of and voila a freedos application address
space of 4GB if a
compiler can be provided that that generates segment selectors,ie protected
mode code.
Richard Fryer