Hi Roberto,

> i've found this intersting info regarding drivers,
> hardware and more for running wi fi apps on plain DOS.

> www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a00801beda4.shtml
> www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wlan_adapter/350_cb20a/user/ms-dos/configuration/guide/dosinst.pdf
> www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/aironet-utils-dos

DOS drivers for Cisco Aironet 350 series PCMCIA, PCI or ISA
WLAN devices (Aironet PCM 3xx or LMC 3xx client adapters).

Those are no longer sold according to the Cisco homepage:

www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4555/products_eol_models.html

I hope they will keep the DOS drivers online anyway...
To summarize the page you recommended:

- X=d000-dfff in emm386 if that is your pcmcia I/O frame

- load IBMDSS14 and IBMDOSCS device drivers

- load DICRMU01 with options /MA-D000-D7FF /SH=1 /IX=5,10,11,15
  (for example) and maybe also load IFSHLP

- at the prompt, issue:
  wepdos -365 -tx1 12345678900987654321123456
  cscpkt 0x65 (Cisco Wireless Packet Driver 2.04, made in year 2000)

- you will also need a few settings in cscpkt.ini first: [CSCPKT]
        SSID="netw_ap_ssid"     ; must match Access Point setting
        NodeName="Aironet1"     ; name of your client / station
        AuthType="WEPOPEN"      ; WEP with open authentication
        Memory=0xD000 ; only needed if no PCMCIA card services loaded
        Socket=0      ; same - only set for PCMCIA w/o card services
        BusType="PCMCIA"        ; or PCI or ISA, of course...

Eric :-)

PS: I wonder how easy / hard it is to get 2nd hand Aironet 350
cards and whether they work well with modern access points...