> >> In reference to MS-DOS, Win3.11, Win95/98/ME compatibility...
> >> DOSBox has a relatively good compatibility, even Win3.11...
> >> Could you copy & paste some of the missing functions in FreeDOS
> >> out of DOSBox source code?
> > One of the main issues with running WfW 3.11 in FreeDOS is
> > that it tries to make the kernel "reentrant"...
[which is easy for dosbox because it has no real dos kernel]
> Ok, thanks for explanation. What about any other missing
> functions? Is there nothing you could re use?
Well... If you find something - apart from WfW 3.11 - that
works better in dosbox than in freedos, then we can start
and check if any dosbox functionality related to this can
be copied into freedos :-). Checking the list on:
- I see you list "exiting the OpenWatcom WD debugger after
debugging a DOS extended app crashes" here - please check
if it also happens in other DOS. If not, please add a bug
report on bugzilla.freedos.org - thanks!
- country, nlsfunc: does dosbox support that? does it have chcp?
As the unstable branch of the freedos kernel already has it,
it will be easier to take from there than from dosbox, I guess.
- config sys menu: does dosbox support that??
- int 21.4b05 set execution state - would be interesting to
see how dosbox implements this, but I have no idea which
apps actually use it...?
- support for big files: for which apps is this useful?
if dosbox supports it, it is definitely useful to have
a look how they implement it, to stay compatible :-)
- japanese chinese korean chars: does dosbox support that??
- close by property / list open files: either kernel or share,
but main question is probably: which apps actually use it?
(int 21.5dnn) - Similar for possibly missing int 2f functions.
- boot from non primary partition: I have a patch, but who
wants to try it? needs the current fedora grub boot menu.
- what else?
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
Freedos-user mailing list