> There was also some version called STM which is more tuned towards DOS
> than plain DJGPP svgatextmode port I believe, but I forgot the details.

More tuned towards DOS? In what way exactly?

When I ported this version, there was already some DOS support in the
code. Alas, it was completely broken due to the latest Linux additions.
So, I made it compile again and changed a bit of the behaviour to be
more DOS-friendly. I may be wrong, but I'd think this is the most
DOS-tuned version around (let alone that I haven't found a single
download for the older DOS-binaries back then). Believe me, there was
more involved than just running DJGPP over the code :)

All the best,

    Wolfram