I told you in my previous mail not to use anything else then classic
himem.exe and classic emm386.exe! For me them are the most compatible ones.

Try this:

REM !COUNTRY=001,437,C:\FDOS\BIN\COUNTRY.SYS
!SET lang=EN
!LASTDRIVE=Z
!BUFFERS=20
!FILES=40
!DOS=HIGH,UMB
!DOSDATA=UMB
!set dircmd=/ogn /4
REM - nice but for me not 100 % compatible - DEVICE=C:\JEMDOS\JEMMEX.EXE
NOEMS
DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\HIMEM.EXE
DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\EMM386.EXE
REM DEVICEHIGH=C:\FDOS\bin\xdma.sys
DEVICEHIGH=C:\FDOS\bin\xcdrom.sys /d:FDCD0001
REM DEVICEHIGH=C:\FDOS\bin\dcrcache.sys FDCD0001 CDRCACH0 12000
REM DEVICEHIGH=C:\FDOS\BIN\MORESYS.SYS
SHELLHIGH=C:\FDOS\bin\command.com C:\FDOS\bin /E:1024 /P=C:\autoexec.bat
REM INSTALLHIGH=C:\FDOS\bin\lbacache.com 12000 TUNS

and

rem @echo off
SET dosdir=C:\FDOS
C:\FDOS\BIN\BANNER2
C:\FDOS\BIN\BLACKOUT
set PATH=%dosdir%\bin
set NLSPATH=%dosdir%\NLS
set HELPPATH=%dosdir%\HELP
set temp=%dosdir%\temp
set tmp=%dosdir%\temp
REM i have also T6, works for me, in doubt try Eric's one
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H7 P330 T6
SET SBPCI=C:\DOSDRV
SET CTSYN=C:\DOSDRV
REM really SBLOAD needed? For my SB Live I don't need it.
C:\DOSDRV\SBLOAD
C:\DOSDRV\SBINIT.COM
SET SBPCI=C:\DOSDRV
REM C:\WINDOWS\SMARTDRV.EXE
REM ShsuCDhd /QQ /F:C:\FDBOOTCD.ISO
REM if not "%config%"=="4" REM LH VIAUDIO
REM if not "%config%"=="4" REM LH VIAFMTSR
REM if not "%config%"=="4" LH FDAPM APMDOS
REM if "%config%"=="2" LH SHARE
REM if not "%config%"=="4" ShsuCD /QQ /~ /D:?FDCD0002 /D:?FDCD0003
/D:?CDRCACH0
ShsuCD /QQ /d:FDCD0001
SET autofile=C:\autoexec.bat
alias reboot=fdapm warmboot
alias halt=fdapm poweroff
SET CFGFILE=C:\fdconfig.sys
echo type HELP to get support on commands and navigation
echo.
echo Welcome to FreeDOS
echo.
rem if not "%config%"=="4" mouse
# ctmouse should be auto highloading, dunno if the lh is contra productive
LH mouse
REM wastes lot of money, only load it when needed, not for legacy gaming
offline games - C:\FDOS\drivers\net\crynwr\dk86965 0x60
SET WATTCP.CFG=%DOSDIR%\BIN
rem nice, but not needed to play legacy games - lh doslfn
rem you dont need this for legacy gaming - lh peruse /X8192
set PATH=%PATH%;%DOSDIR%\emacs
set PATH=%PATH%;%DOSDIR%\SETEDIT
SET VIM=C:\FDOS\VIM
SET PATH=%PATH%;%DOSDIR%\vim\vim70
SET PATH=%PATH%;%DOSDIR%\fbc
SET PATH=%DOSDIR%\FPC\BIN\GO32V2;%PATH%
call %DOSDIR%\watcom\setvars.bat
SET PATH=%PATH%;%DOSDIR%\PACIFIC\VIN
SET PATH=%PATH%;%DOSDIR%\xharbour\bin
SET PATH=%PATH%;%DOSDIR%\DOG
rem BLACKOUT
rem MODE CO80
rem C:\MENU.BAT

> Sound Blaster 16 Emulation:
>  Port=220, IRQ=5, DMA=1, DMA16=7

This did differ a bit from your set blaster variable before.

Read also the link in drdos.org wiki I did given you before. Also look
into SBEMIXER.EXE.

Most of the time I am not even loading cd drivers (ShsuCD and xcdrom)
because games run from hd.

If it's still not working post back again. I can give you my config or
even upload a whole working image.

Regards,
-mr