On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 12:50 -0500, Jim Hall wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 9:05 PM, robinson-west user
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > http://www.vavasour.ca/jeff/trs80.html
> >
> > I get an error from freedos's emm386.exe.  Has anyone gotten this
> > emulator to work under Freedos?  I have trouble getting it to work
> > in MS-DOS 6.22 also, when I try to run it, the computer reboots.
> > I think it was designed for MS-DOS 3.3.  The emulator is freeware
> > and I believe the source is available.  This would be a nice addition
> > to freedos if that's possible and someone can get it to work.
> >

> Hi. Have you tried this with Jemm instead? I know some users have
> reported that things work with Jemm where they wouldn't with Emm386.
> Might be worth a try.
>
> http://www.freedos.org/cgi-bin/lsm.cgi?mode=lsm&lsm=base/jemm386.lsm

I have tried jemm, nothing happens without an expanded memory manager.
The program just hangs without coming up without expanded memory.
Jemm throws an exception 6.  MS-DOS 6.20 emm386 triggers a reboot.
Freedos emm386.exe crashes with illegal instruction occured.  The
vgacheck.exe and dskini.exe programs work just fine, it's coco3x.exe
that doesn't.  I would really like to hear from someone who tries
this software based color computer emulator, I don't see anything
stopping that.  Considering that Jeff Vavasour appears to be interested
in having his emulator available as freeware, it could probably be
distributed with freedos once someone determines how to get it working.

     Michael Robinson