Hello,

2008/9/21 Eric Auer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> prompt $p$g
>> set path=a:\dos
>> set NLSPATH=A:\DOS\NLS
>> set LANG=PT
>>
>> lh DISPLAY CON=(VGA,,1)
>
> Maybe vga,437,1 instead? LH makes no sense without emm386...

I don't see in what sense will notifying that his machine is codepage
437 help out. From his AUTOEXEC he does not seem to be using codepage
437 at all, but 850 (unless in later operation he performs a codepage
select of 437, that would, with his configuration, fail otherwise).

I wouldn't use LH, because it is highly unlikely that you'll have an
UMB as big as for almost the 64KB that DISPLAY needs to run (because
it does not know beforehand how many buffers you'll need), even if
after running it just uses about 11Kb (9Kb of which are data).

>> mode con codepage prepare=((850) a:\dos\ega.cpx)
>> mode con codepage select=850
>> a:\doskeyb br,850,a:\dos\keyboard.sys /ID:275
>
> Try MKEYB instead, just in case.

???
Where do you see the hint that KEYB is behind this? He mentions that
it is after he loads FDAPM. Wouldn't it be more sensible to advice him
NOT TO USE an unstable kernel?
In NONE of the reports so far such crashes have ever been reported as
s bug of KEYB.
Sincerely, Eric, I think it does not good to the project that whenever
there's a problem you just suggest to use the programs that you prefer
"just in case", first of all because there is no relation between the
bug reported and the programs you mention, and second, because you are
bringing suspicion to programs to which you do not have a solid
argument.

>From his configuration, he is configuring a codepage. The difference
between FD-KEYB and MKEYB is precisely the support for the codepage
management (present in FD-KEYB) as opposed to the smallest size of
MKEYB.

Aitor