Eric, I already tried your last two suggestions with these results: if I
installed the w98 first, then when I
installed the fdbase over it, only the FreeDos would boot from a turn on
after that; I thought to activate
the w98 from the command line(from FreeDos) but could not see how to do it.
Then, I installed the FreeDos
first, and the w98 refused to begin to load with the message "stop! windows
needs at least 16 Mb of ram".
whereupon I clicked ok, and got kicked right back to freedos. If I
understood the first comments I use the
fdbase installer to put FreeDos into 'd', copy fdconfig.sys to the 'c'
drive, where I installed the w98; I then
erase fdconfig.sys from 'd' drive? Then I tinker with the fdconfig to rename
the actual drive letter of the cd,
(I didn't think of that when the letters got bumped by the new partitions)
say thats what you said!?-kurt
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.