Eric,
I should clarify: when Georg (of DOSUSB) said "dos assigns the drive letter
to dosusb, he was emphasising
that *dos does the assigning* , that is, there is not much,if any, manual
control over it. Also, to be specific,
when DOSUSB works with the cdrom (in drive 'c')the whole thing is automatic;
that is, the DOSUSB drive
is assigned to 'd', and the cdrom gets bumped to 'e'. Finally, the neato
flash driver was designed for w98, and
it works better than the more common ones that have been mentioned; maybe it
can be made to work in dos.
If you are that interested, I will have to search for it's url(it's around
here somewhere). kurt, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.