Hi all,

here is a message from HTMLHELP update guru Fritz :-)
I modified some minor things for clarity / layout / etc.

The summary: A new English HTMLHELP is ready and there
is a good deal of a new German HTMLHELP as well, but we
need your help for proofreading and to fix last flaws.

Eric

Hi boys and girls,

first of all: The new version of help has (unzipped) a
size of in about 1,4 MB, zipped it will be in about 670kB.

Means: I think it should not become larger, maybe I can
shorten the DOS version a little bit by removing the
information about the css file. For this reason I will
not add additional *comments*. HTMLHELP can display the
help pages without unzipping the help file by the way.

Example: "/? Shows the help" is long enough.

Second: Meanwhile I work in about two years on the help
(of course not every day) - and so I want to come to an
end... I suppose I will still need several weeks for the
remaining 55 German HTMLHELP pages to be updated.

I also want to keep the "unique look and feel": no
additional per page positions / topics, if possible.

Example: Errorlevels. Those can be mentioned in the
already existing section for comments if necessary.

As I am no programmer, I often have problems if somebody
tells me to change something or write about hex values
and interrupts. A user like me does not need this! So I
often will not understand what you mean with it.
So: If you want me to change something, please send me
an exact description of what has to be changed and how:

command x:
  This a wrong sentence is
sb (should be)
  This is a wrong sentence

This makes it much easier and faster for me to correct
anything. I need no explanation why.

Proofreading:

a) please check if the copyright and origin are okay,

b) please check if all links are okay, Should links be
  added or removed? Already scanned a bit for dead links.

c) as mentioned above, please give me corrections for text.

d) it is your choice how to find bugs, you can choose
  sections (autoexec, config...) [or letter ranges etc]

e) send the bugs to me: fritz.mueller at mail com

f) www.bootablecd.de/FreeDOS/help/en is the newest version
  I will try to update as soon as I correct something.

Thank you

Fritz
Bitte einfach so weitergeben:

Hi boys and girls,
first of all: The new version of help has (unzipped) a size of in about 1,4 MB, zipped it will be in about 670kB.
Means: I think it should not become larger, maybe I can shorten the DOS version a little bit by removing the
information about the css file. For this reason I will not add additional comments.
E.g.  "/?". Shows the help is enough.
As a second: Meanwhile I work in about two years on the help (of course not every day) - and so I want to come
to an end ( I suppose I will need several weeks for the staying 55 german commands).
I also want to keep the "unique look and feel", means: no additional positions, if possible.
E.g. the errorlevels: As I do not have many informations about errorlevel, I added them at section "comment". Maybe I create
one empty line between the other comments which costs no capacity, but that`s all.

As I am no programmer, I often have problems if some body tells me: change this or do that,
why don`t you know something about interrupts and hex values.
A user like me does not need this! So I often don`t understand what you mean with it.
So: If you want me to change something, please inform me as follows:

command x:
This a wrong sentence is
sb (should be)
This is a wrong sentence

This makes it much easier and faster for me to correct anything. I need no explanation why.

proof reading:
a) please check if the right of origin is okay,
b) please check if all links are okay, (should be, tested by a software), additional links necessary - remove some?
c) as mentioned above, please give me the corrected text,
d) it`s your choice how to find bugs, you can choose sections (autoexec, config...)
e) send the bugs to me: [EMAIL PROTECTED]