>> Had this the other day - removing TUNS from LBACACHE
>> should fix it and,no, I dont know why
>>

> Then the problem might be related to the limited size of
> stack for the TUNS option. Try if updating LBACACHE helps:
>
> www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/lbacache/2008/
>
> Eric
>
> PS: Please tell which type of new controller and disk you use.

Hi Eric

My systems back with the client running with no problems but it was a
recent Foxconn main board, 1 GB memory with SATA + 1 PATA channel,
CD-ROM & HDD (Seagate Barracuda 40 GB) were PATA.
I googled the TUNS option and it seemed it was only for SCSI SATA & RAID
- is this this case?.
I guess the FreeDOS install configured the TUNS option because of the
SATA channel?

Mick