On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:28:12 +0100, I waved a wand and this message
magically appears in front of Robert Riebisch:

> > For the same reason it could have been possible that it's also
> > compatible to SCSI.
>
> SCSI drivers provide an Int13h layer extension while accessing the
> SCSI controller's on-board chip at a very low level. It's very
> unlikely, that an SATA controller chip would be register or port
> level compatible to any SCSI chip.

On the Silicon Image SIL3114 controller cards, there's a serious bug
that prevents anyone using MSDOS from being able to use partitions
larger than 504MB. This is because whoever wrote the BIOS for it, did
not read the specs carefully enough, otherwise DOS would have been able
to create a 2GB partition.
--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Fearsome grindings.