From: Eric Auer [mailto:e.a...@jpberlin.de]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 9:52
To: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] FreeDOS on a netbook?

Hi guys,

> Has anyone ever thought about installing (or has installed) Free-DOS
> on any of the new Netbooks, such as the Asus Eee PC S101? I would be
> very interested in your experiences.

For the sake of experiment, I once ran FreeDOS from USB stick on one of
the 7in Asus EEE PC netbooks. I would recommend shrinking your eyes and
fingers first... ;-).
Apart from that problem, nothing exciting went wrong.

Keyboard and screen worked. Did not test sound or lan or even wlan.
Dunno whether the "mouse" worked. Would be nice if somebody could try
again on 9in/10in EEE PC.

Eric

PS: I believe fdapm failed to do anything ACPI (throttle, suspend,
poweroff) but fdapm apmdos and pcisleep worked?

PPS: Now that Windows for OLPC is old news, did somebody try whether the
corresponding "PC BIOS" now runs FreeDOS?