Some options:

a) "installing" just means creating MBR, creating bootsector, copying
system files plus copying some applicaitons, there is no force to use an
installer, you can do this copying steps yourself

b) you can boot grub4dos from USB and emulate then the freedos installer
iso and install to internal harddisk from there

-mr