Hi Blair,

> I think using aspi.sys you can use cdrecord with it.  Maybe I will
> test it if I can get FreeDOS to boot on my laptop (1.0 CD kernel fails
> to boot).

Does the Rugxulo.googlepages.com kernel work? You can
use the floppy images there to make boot CD / DVD...

Eric

PS: Another possibility is that the old MEMDISK used for our
1.0 CD/DVD fails to boot on BIOSes without int 15.87 memcopy?

I wonder if this is what makes FDAPM ACPIDUMP fail on EEE PC
and whether loading any EMM386 or similar would workaround...?