Hi,

> If you want you can setup a FTP server on DOS running as
> TSR in background.
> http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0503736/php/drdoswiki/index.php?n=Main.Servers

??  This is a completely different topic.

> msclient is nice to mount a remote server into a DOS device
> letter,
> unfortunately it's indeed a memory hog and there is no
> alternative
> implementation for ms networks.

I don't insist on ms networks.

> I haven't checked out novel netware but I think these
> days it will be
> also outdated, obsolete, memory hog and providing DOS
> device letter for
> the remote share?

outdated and obsolete? For sure.
memory hog? I think it's acceptable.
DOS device letter? Of course, that's what I want.

> Also see
> http://www.dossolutions.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/network.htm
> I've
> found there an NFS implementation for DOS.

Do you mean TSoft's NFS client. It works quite well
(I've used it previously on some other machine), but it's
shareware and will cease working after an hour if you
don't register. Spending $50 for a registration isn't that
tingly, given that I'm using this installation just for fun
and MSCLIENT basically works.

> Unfortunately I haven't come across any background
> network drive
> software not being a memory hog and using XMS/EMS/JLM
> instant.

Maybe an idea for a project?  :-)

regards,
chris