Hi,

as long as core / tool programs are in some directory in PATH,
things will be fine. For other apps, people can add a batch
into one of the directories in PATH or they can use ALIAS or
just chdir to the place to run stuff :-). Of course PATH can
differ between different DOSes and different people who make
different decisions on where to install DOS, but it always
points to a place where you can find at least the basic DOS.

Eric