On Sunday 12 April 2009 02:35 (CEST), Eric Auer wrote:
> FDUPDATE is written in FreeBASIC and FreeBASIC might have
> issues if your CPU has no or no relatively modern FPU...
> I think Rugxulo knows a workaround for that and will mail
> about the issue with Mateusz.

Hi,

I really don't think it has anything to do with the used CPU type... FreeBASIC
compiler is happy when it gets anything 386-compatible (IIRC FreeBASIC is
emulating a FPU when none applicable has been found).

Besides that, in another mail (maybe it was a mail to me only, can't remember
if got its way to the list), the OP wrote that FDUPDATE is crashing when trying
to apply an update. Therefore:
- FDUPDATE starts correctly,
- FDUPDATE makes wget downloading the index file from my server correctly,
- FDUPDATE open the index file and load the package database correcyly,
- It propose an update, basing on what has been found on user's system,
- crash when launching wget to download that given package.

So FDUPDATE is crashing the *second* time it run wget. Sounds odd. Could be
indeed some "open file left" thing, but I carefully checked FDUPDATE's code,
and it is closing any opened files in a clean way before calling wget/curl.

I compiled a beta testing FDUPDATE v0.55 version, which is able to make use of
HTGET as a downloader, hoping that it would resolve the trouble, but got no
feedback yet about how it works (or not works).

See you,
Mateusz VIste
--
You'll find my public OpenPGP key at http://www.viste-family.net/mateusz/pub_key