On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 8:45 AM, teo gum <teo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not an experienced user...
> The problem is that I can't install FreeDos to boot it separately from
> WinXP and DOS.7.1: it doesn't create fdboot file (at the moment I
> can't remember the proper name of it, and not at home now to see it)
> on the disk C: - while installing before DOS71 and WinXP. I don't know
> why it does not. When I copy this file from previous installations, it
> can't find the kernel file (which does exist on the disk C:)
> Once a time ago I had resolved such a kind of problem, but just now I
> don't remember the way I did it:( And now once I have reinstalled
> everything on my PC, the things go as are reported:(
> All the ways I'm trying now give no result.
> So I must use the FreeDos "from behind" of the DOS.7.1 - but I'd
> prefere to do it direcly and separately - "as is"
> Sorry for my English

If you're already running Windows XP, you may consider booting FreeDOS
from within a virtual machine. You can use VMWare, or VirtualPC, to do
this. It's easy!

Actually, in the final months before we had released "1.0", I booted
all the test distributions in a virtual machine, and not a physical
PC.

-jh