Hi Mateusz,

>> Is it still possible to use FDUPDATE on FreeDOS 1.0 or to upgrade 1.0
>> to 1.1? I think FDUPDATE detects when you're running 1.0 and won't
>> update, but I'm not sure how it does this.

> Yes, it is possible to use FDUPDATE to keep a 1.0 system up to date. However,
> you won't be able to use it to go from 1.0 to 1.1, as the 1.1 distro will use
> slightly modified packages.
>
> Repositories for 1.0 and 1.1 will be different, too (1.0 will still get its
> update from http://www.viste-family.net/mateusz/fdupdate/, while 1.1 update
> server doesn't have an official URL yet).
>
> FDUPDATE doesn't know what system it is running on, so it's up to you to use
> the right version (well, I may add a check of the version, if anyone would be
> able to tell me how to distinguish in a reliable way a 1.0 install from a 1.1
> one...).
> So:
> For FreeDOS v1.0 use FDUDPATE v0.54
> For FreeDOS v1.1 use FDUPDATE v0.55 (not officially released yet)

That sounds like you would have to keep two collections of update
packages updated which would be a lot of work. Or like users of
1.0 would be forced to reinstall to get 1.1 ... How hard is it to
make FDUPDATE to understand both 1.0 and 1.1 FreeDOS directories?
Maybe there can also be a small tool or option to FDUPDATE to do
some transformation from 1.0 to 1.1 style, for one time use :-).

Eric