> Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 18:45:23 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Bonnie Dalzell <bdalz...@qis.net>
> On Sun, 21 Jun 2009, kurt godel wrote:
>
> > Bonnie, I don't know if you are using a dial up modem, but I have cable
> > company online, and the latest puppy
> > for sure, is *instantly* ready to work, whether live cd or installed puppy;
> > I have never used a dial up modem.
> > --kurt<wb2...@gmail.com>.
> I have a dsl set up. When I tried puppy a year ago it seemed to want a
> dial up.

*SIGH* Puppy Linux is inanimate; it doesn't *WANT* to do anything.

Pet peeve aside, Puppy has been my primary OS for over two years
(typing this from Puppy 3.01 using Seamonkey), and it does not have a
default 'net connection.  I have not tried it in dial-up mode, but it
doesn't connect to anything via ethernet until you go through Setup
and configure it to do so. That's apparently one reason it is such a
light-weight distro; not as much automagical configuration overhead.
Once it's configured, it DOES work beautifully with an ethernet
(cable/DSL/etc.) connection to the .net.