Menuhin Saitov schreef:
> Hi,
> i have installed successfully freedos on Compaq lte 5100 I took the
> hardisk and connecetd with usb-ide adaptor and with qmeu installed the
> system on it, not sure if the system  neede it fat 16 partition   but know
> it works.
> My issue is to set the cdrom drive.
> in fdconfig.sys is one entry
>
> 123?DEVICEHIGH=c:\fdos\bin\xcdom.sys /d:FDCD0001

Was there a typing error here? as it's normally XCDROM.SYS. As the
FreeDOS distribution is rather old right now, I'd recommend getting an
updated yet renamed version of the cdrom driver at
[ http://johnson.tmfc.net/dos/file/drivers.zip ]. Possibly you'd like a
new version of SHSUCDX as well as the 8086-version contained a bug
sometime if I remember correctly.
[ http://johnson.tmfc.net/dos/file/shcdx33d.zip ]

You can see if the UIDE.SYS driver loaded by checking if the FDCD0001
devicename is known to DOS:

IF EXIST FDCD0001 ECHO CD-ROM driver loaded, please load SHSUCDX as well
to assign a drive letter ( SHSUCDX /D:FDCD0001)

Bernd