I've posted before about the four machines I'm running FreeDOS on -- One is
exceptionally well behaved with FreeDOS 1.0 and another is exceptionally
quirky.  In particular, I've been experiencing the FreeCOM bug where the
command prompt returns without executing the command.  Nobody knows for sure
when this happens, but it seems to happen in response to a general protection
fault that goes unreported, as 4DOS reports a general protection fault under
the same conditions.

I just discovered MDADEBUG, available from Marc Alexander's page
   http://www.onr.com/user/mda
It's a debugger as a TSR.

I've got a machine where the bug can be triggered on a fairly regular basis.
I've been able to trigger the bug, then press ctrl/alt/F12 and get the debugger.
Now that I've got the bug and the debugger, what should I look for?