Maybe someone can figure this one:
installed freedos base on an old dell(ten years);installed djgpp with rhide;
acted very buggy and refused to compile
even a hello world;
rebooted with 'himem' option, and now it compiles and executes. However, I
then tried a larger program with eight
functions, and it too, compiled and 'created' with no problems. Tried to run
the executable and got this:
page fault at 0x00001ba1;error 0006; I'm sure that the program partially
executed since the mouse cursor was left on
the screen, and my program involves a mouse event handler. The program
involves calls to 'int86', but this should
not crash anything, since even the NT dosbox allows this. Was I deluded all
this time into thinking djgpp was
'backward compatible' with a true dos system, and I just never strained the
high memory aspect until now?
--kurt<wb2...@gmail.com>.