With respects to DOS-C, if loading non GPL drivers really did violate
GPL, then it would have never been released under GPL.  The comparison
of drivers to OSLib is an apples and oranges comparison.  A DOS
loadable device driver is simply an executable that is loaded into
memory that follows a certain calling convention.

FreeDOS, or any GPLed MS-DOS alternative, would be totally useless if
it disallowed non GPL device drivers, since the vast majority of
device drivers are non GPL.  Besides, Richard Stallman is well aware
of our project and would have contacted us if he felt we were doing
something wrong.

Pat

*** SNIP ***