Hi,

I have followed many, many discussions about iteractions of GPL, and I
have read the GPL inumerous times...

GPL is very clear that *derived* work has to be GPL. There is no
restriction in any way for *using with*

Linking with GPL software, or copying a small piece of GPL code is
restricted.

Non GPL Dinamic linking with a lib: the lib has to be LGPL not GPL. It
is a lib problem, not the otherway way. BUT special care must be take
not to use any piece of (L)GPL code in the program.

A GPL program can dinamic link to a proprietary lib. It is a licence
problem with the lib supplyer.

Drivers are not derived work and dont link to anythink. so it is
undisputably ok. The problem exists only as to the right to *use* the
driver.

It is a well estblised matter that *distributing* drivers with GPL OS is
no GPL violation. Most Linux distros come with proprietary drivers. What
happens is thar some drivers have restrictions to distribution, java or
flash changed their licence for that.

Alain