> Hi JVP, thanks for testing the Bret Johnson USB drivers :-)

{snip}

>> cd\usb
>> usbuhci IRQ 11 DisableLegacySupport
>
> I assume the IRQ can also be set automatically?

Yes, the IRQ is normally set automatically, either by the BIOS or by
USBUHCI{L}.  The reason JVP needed to change it was because the BIOS configured
the USB Host Controller to use IRQ 12, which conflicts with the PS2 mouse
software.  IRQ 12 is supposed to be dedicated to the PS2 mouse, and is never
supposed to be used for anything else.

>> usbprint
>> usbmouse
>> C:\Dos32\ctmouse
>
> Cute :-) Does it support more advanced PS/2 commands
> as well, in other words, can things like third button
> and wheel be enabled by the ctmouse usbmouse combo?

USBMOUSE supports three different mouse protocols: the "regular" PS2 protocol
(max 3 buttons, no wheels), the IntelliMouse protocol (max 3 buttons, 1 wheel),
and the IntelliMouse2 protocol (max 5 buttons, 2 wheels).  CTMOUSE currently
supports the first two protocols, so if your USB mouse has a wheel it will work
just fine with CTMOUSE and USBMOUSE.  If CTMOUSE is ever upgraded to support
the IntelliMouse2 protocol, and your mouse has 5 buttons and/or 2 wheels,
USBMOUSE already supports it and everything will work just fine.

USBMOUSE also supports multiple mice at the same time, including a "real" PS2
mouse.  So, you can have a right-handed USB mouse, a left-handed USB mouse, a
USB trackball, and a "real" PS2 mouse of some sort on the same computer and
switch back and forth between them (or even use them all at the same time) if
you want.  It also supports "plug-and-play" for the USB mice, so if you have
more than one USB mouse but don't have enough hub ports to plug them all in at
the same time, you can simply unplug and swap them around any time you want
without needing to reboot.

USBPRINT allows you to print to USB printers from "real" DOS, without needing
to do it from a DOS box underneath Windows (which is the "normal" way everybody
does it now).  USBPRINT also allows two-way communication to both USB and
parallel printers, so you can download configuration data (such as printer
identification and ink level information) from the printers.  This would also
allow someone to create a DOS application to use the scanner and fax functions
on a multi-function printer (such an applications has not yet been developed,
but it is very possible to do).  USBPRINT also has several other features that
should make printing "better" in DOS, both for USB printers and parallel
printers.  You don't actually need a USB printer for USBPRINT to be useful to
you.