I've been using FreeDOS for a while and it works great.

I'd like to write an Intel HDA driver for SCI games (Sierra quests). Ok,
they work great under Dosbox, but I still prefer using plain DOS.

I consider myself a good programmer, but I've never made any low-level
programming or debug DOS programs.

Is there any book or information on the net I can start with?

Thanks,

Gino