http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/802.11.html

[QUOTE]
Expect a big project here...
[/QUOTE]

With over 1200 pages of IEEE standards information, I'm not suprised!

[QUOTE]
PS: Maybe you can also check whether the EEE PC supports
> int 15.87 and if not whether some HIMEMX / JEMM386 combo
> or similar could be used to make FDAPM ACPIDUMP work ;-)
[/QUOTE]

Sure, do you have a template written in C for testing interrupts?
That or ASM, I can read both of them!

[QUOTE]
You can see many examples of open
> source DOS network card packet drivers on the CRYNWR homepage
[/QUOTE]

http://www.crynwr.com/packet_driver.html

This seems to be a specification for interrogating any of those drivers.
It may help!

I have a dedicated FDOS box at home with a 3COM 3C905CX, I think...
I'll check when I get home. Perhaps some experiments with this card
will also help...? Do you have any recommendations?

I'm more than willing to undertake what may seem a daunting project. I
need something to do which keeps me occupied for those cold Fall
and Winter nights. Plus, I just picked up my amateur radio license, and
this seems like a good, rewarding and education project as far as that
realm of technology is concerned.

73!
Bray.