Op 7-11-2009 0:44, Joe Emenaker schreef:

Sure, it wouldn't work every time. And it would fail for anything which was run through and exe-compressor. But it would sure beat "strings myprog.exe | more", which is what I have to do right now.

how we love UPX (and use it extensively) :)

some programs were updated (like Edit 0.9something) and released without UPX-compression on the executable. For a moment I wondered why I lacked space on bootdisk..

Bernd