Eric,

>     What I would like to know: How fast is the refresh if you
>     remove idlehalt but keep fdapm? Does it make a difference
>     whether you use APMDOS or ADV:REG option in that case?

Refresh times below are for the same drawing tested in previous
emails.

It would not make sense to test IDLEHALT with values other than
1, as you said yourself.

   1  FDAPM APMDOS      +   IDLEHALT=1     11 sec
   2  FDAPM ADV:REG     +   IDLEHALT=1      6 sec
   3  FDAPM APMDOS                          6 sec
   4                        IDLEHALT=1      6 sec
   5  FDAPM ADV:REG                         about half a sec
   6  (nothing)                             about half a sec

I adopted option 5 to work with Desi-III, of course.

Regards,

Marcos