On 01/13/2010 02:08 PM, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> Hi,
> I use English, Canadian, and wish to turn up the internal speaker volume.
> I have seen enough to suggest that there here was some command for this.
> With some DOS screen readers, that speaker is used for indications.
> With some laptops, it can even be used for the speech output itself.
> Karen
Hi Karen,
According to my ancient volume of Norton ("Programmer's Guide to the IBM
PC") there is no volume control on the PC speaker itself, which is as I
recall. What can be done is to replace the speaker with a more efficient
sound generator like a piezo buzzer. You can then install a
potentiometer in series on the input and adjust it that way. We have had
to do that with a lab machine where we replaced the speaker with
headphones as of course the sound is much louder in the headphones.

Jim