On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Tony Cappellini <cappy2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently loading PCNFS drivers under MSDOS.
> With everything loaded high (as much as possible) I am left with only 462K
> bytes let for applications.
>
> This isn't enough for what I need to do. If I don't load the PCNFS stuff, I
> can run the application just fine, but then I don't have
> access to our network.
>

> Will Freedos work with PCNFS drivers?
> Will I have more than 462K available after loading everything?
>
> What NICS are supported by Freedos ethernet drivers?
>
> thanks

Ahhh... 17-18Y ago, DOS memory optimisation by hand was one of my
particular tricks. I was quite the expert. Completely obsolete skill
now, though.

My suggestion would be to find a copy of QEMM386 and run Quarterdeck's
OPTIMIZE on your system. It did turn your CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT
files into something rather spaghetti-like, but it wrung out every
last byte of free RAM. I suspect you might get further with that than
with FreeDOS, although I could be wrong...

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lpro...@gmail.com
MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508