On Mon, 2010-07-19 at 12:52 +0200, Ulrich Hansen wrote:
> Am 18.07.2010 00:01, schrieb Mr Sensible:
> > One of my projects on the back-burner is TcpLink that works the same way
> > LapLink does, but over a TCP/IP network, needs DOS packet drivers to
> > run, and uses WATTCP32 library. I have it successfully broadcasting its
> > presence over the network but haven't really done anything further.
>
> I think this could be really useful. It is often a problem to exchange
> data between new computers and old machines, because interfaces like
> USB, LPT or serial port, a floppy drive or a CD/DVD drive don't exist
> on both of them. A program with an easy GUI like laplink that works
> over a crossover cable would be a real progress in my opinion.

Well at least you've shown interest. Once I get my current set of
projects out of the way I'll see what else I can do about this.

Most likely, it'll be a DOS extender program - are there anyone out
there still using 8086 hardware?!
--
http://www.munted.org.uk

One very high maintenance cat living here.