Message: 1
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 22:36:28 -0500
From: Felix Miata <mrma...@earthlink.net>
Subject: [Freedos-user] boot floppy
To: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net

Anyone know why there's no simple bootable floppy image available in the
downloads section of http://www.freedos.org/freedos/files/, one that could
format and/or sys C:?

  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/
Felix,
 It may be cause it is so easy to make a boot floppy,no one thought it is
necessary.
I booted with the CD, then useing the FreeDos in the CD,.C:\fdos\bin if I
remember correct,
 useing FORMAT/S A: ,..this formats the floopy as system disk, it should be
bootable,
This also works if you have freedos, or any dos already on you HD,... then I
added  afew files,.. such as edit, I made my autoexec, and config sys, the way
I wanted, of course on a floppy there is not much room,for much more then to
make it bootable, however I am not useing OS2,  nor linux, so ...this worked
for me , useing windowsxp, and or also useing
FreeDos, after I had installed it and had the CD drive working...I have several
bootable floppys, but have never tried this, I guess I could make a image, and
put it on my dropbox,..
 I may just do that this evening, I to never had given it a thought, as it is
easy to make the floppy, and also so few people use them.
 Any  way good luck,...from
Garry

   1. boot floppy (Felix Miata)
   (dos386)

http://msbasicqbasicbeginners.lefora.com
A forum for learning Basic,Qbasic and more.

visit my webb page:http://garryspages.webs.com
My New page,"my gallery"
http://www.GarrysPaintings.webs.com