On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 14:45 -0600, Rugxulo wrote:
> Sorry, I missed the obvious problem that you're using a Mac.
> Traditionally Macs have been ten thousand percent incompatible with
> normal PCs (Wintel), but even now running x86, there's almost no
> chance. I say "almost" because maybe?? someone somewhere figured out a
> way. And BootCamp does run Windows, so there's a glimmer of hope, but
> not much.

A very clever developer could write a "shim" to fit between the (U)EFI
firmware and FreeDOS. It certainly is quite possible to do that.

UEFI allows the loading of images, so you can just boot the shim off the
FreeDOS partition, have it set up an emulated BIOS in very high memory,
then boot FreeDOS itself.
--
Tactical Nuclear Kittens