Hi Eric,

From: Eric Auer <e.auer@jp...> - 2011-01-25 08:44

>Hi Roy,
>
>> I'm trying to create a FreeDOS based netbootdisk.com bootdisk by
>> replacing IO.SYS/MSDOS.SYS/COMMAND.COM with FreeDOS kernel 2039 FAT32
>> and FreeCOM. But I found that INSTALL=tunz.com line in CONFIG.SYS
>
>You cannot just replace IO and MSDOS sys, you also have
>to use FreeDOS SYS so the kernel is loaded by a proper
>FreeDOS boot sector in the right way.

Of course it did SYSed to floppy with SYS A: /BOOTONLY

>> cause "TUNZ: Bad file table" or "TUNZ: Warning: Bad file CRC error"
>
>What is TUNZ? Which options for TUNZ do you use? Where
>can it be downloaded? Does this also happen if you load
>TUNZ from autoexec instead of from config?
>
>> with zero-ed file output, which do not happen in MS-DOS or Enhanced
>> DR-DOS. What's wrong actually and will developers fix this in the
>> future?
>
>For that it would be good to know what TUNZ is, among
>other things :-)

Isn't it announced in the past? It is a clone of PKUnzipJR.
http://www.mail-archive.com/freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00009.html

Binary:
http://mengelke.mine.nu/download/dos/tunz.com

>Eric

P.S.: I disabled mail delivery in maillist preference, so feel free to
CC me. Thanks.

Best regards,
Roy