2011/3/13, Robert Riebisch:

> It's very unlikely that a 386SX will overheat ever.

Yes, I'm aware, that it probably won't overheat - still: by keeping
CPU cool, we'll let it live longer. If it breaks - no chance to
replace.
I can recall similar problem many years ago, with broken 286/12 (not
sure, however, did it broke because of heat).

> No need to play around with IDLEHALT or FDAPM.

But I'm pondering: will it have any effect on the temperature of that
quite old CPU? I'm not sure, whether - or not - this old processor can
be set "idle"...