As has been noted here in the past, WATTCP is technically not part of the
operating system,
it's a library that is linked in with the application program.

Wattcp *does* support DHCP and the line my_ip = DHCP should be all you need to
get DHCP running.
The key is that you need to make sure that the more recent update of wattcp has
been linked with your
application program.

What you should see with the config file below is that if DHCP fails you will
get an error message. If you
don't get an error message then it worked.

An alternative is to use Mike Brutman's mTCP DHCP program.  Mike separates DHCP
into a separate
program which will tell you the IP selected.  You could then edit your WATTCP
config file to match the IP
returned by the DHCP client program.   The mTCP DHCP program will at least test
your hardware to verify
that things are working.

So to sum up:  if your application program uses the right version of WATTCP
then you don't need to do anything,
run the program and it will tell you if DHCP fails.