Hi Bernd, Hi Jack,

Em 17-05-2011 14:04, Bernd Blaauw escreveu:
> Op 17-5-2011 17:45, Alain Mouette schreef:
>> I am using UIDE and XMGR from 10-May-11, I made my config from your
>> example (whole file attached), jemm386 is 572 dated 13mar2008 (complete
>> config at the end):
>> device=a:\dos\xmgr.sys /B
>> device=a:\dos\jemm386.exe I=TEST NOEMS
>> device=a:\dos\xmgr.sys
>> device=a:\dos\uide.sys /D:CDROM
>>
>> It works ok booting from floppy and from hard-disk, but it does not work
>> when booting from the CDROM. It stops with this screen and the HD led on:
>> <http://suporte.cosmodata.com.br/downloads/moni/tmp/trava01.jpg>
>>
>> Please help, I am trying to make a universal installer...
>
> Alain,
>
> I've recently encountered the same issue, not sure if it's purely
> limited to booting from CD-ROM.
> In my case I tend to use Syslinux -->  Memdisk -->  Disk Image ( -->
> bootsector -->  kernel -->  config.sys -->  shell -->  autoexec.bat -->
> commandline)
>
> 1) Does loading everything except UIDE work for you?
> 2) Does loading everything except UIDE work for you, if you later load
> UIDE from the commandline? DEVLOAD UIDE.SYS /D:CDROM
> 3) If you replace the XMGR/JEMM386/XMGR by Japhet's JEMMEX, does that
> work? ofcourse still load UIDE from config.sys
> 4) If you replace the XMGR/JEMM386/XMGR by Japhet's HIMEMX + JEMM386,
> does that work? ofcourse still load UIDE from config.sys
> 5) Does the same behaviour happen under MSDOS? Slightly more difficult
> question ofcourse, but FreeDOS kernel/shell occasionally is easy to
> hang/crash, SHELLHIGH is a culprit at times, for example.
>
> I think JEMM is at 5.74 by now, can't hurt to use latest version I guess.
>
> This should work:
> DEVICE=A:\DOS\HIMEMX.EXE
> DEVICE=A:\DOS\JEMM386.EXE I=TEST NOEMS
> DEVICE=A:\DOS\UIDE.SYS /D:CDROM
> DOS=HIGH,UMB
> DOSDATA=UMB
>
> Or:
> DEVICE=A:\DOS\JEMMEX.EXE I=TEST NOEMS
> DEVICE=A:\DOS\UIDE.SYS /D:CDROM
> DOS=HIGH,UMB
> DOSDATA=UMB

I just foud how to make it work (kind of...)

I boot normaly, single-stepping, loading all *except IEDE*, than I do:
   SET COMSPEC=C:\COMMAND.COM   (it's the same)
   C:
   DEVLOAD A:\DOS\UIDE.SYS /D:CDROM

it loads, and I can access drive C:, but if I access A: it locks just
the same, with the HardDisk led on.

==>> so, imho, the drive A: is disapearing when UIDE is loaded. It looks
like an iteraction between the BIOS boot driver which creates A: for the
CD boot image and UIDE :(

For reference, I created the iso in Lunix with:
mkisofs -pad -R -v -A "FreeDOS" -b FreeDOS/FreeDOS.img -V FreeDOS-c11 -o
/mnt/dados/Segurver/FreeDOS-c11.iso /mnt/dados/CDROM

Thanks,
Alain