> You'd probably be amazed at how many embedded and industrial control systems
> are based on DOS.

Indeed! If someone pointed me out precize brands and models of systems that
nowadays still use DOS i would really be amazed. (Are those systems just still
around, or is there even real active development?) My personal experience is
different. The last time i professionally came in touch with DOS was in late
1999. That's more than a decade ago. In the rapidly developing IT busyness this
is almost an eternity.

Is this phenomenon (if it really exists) perhaps limited to certain busynesses
or certain parts of the world? It might be interesting to have some kind of
survey.