----------  Original message  ----------
Subject: [Freedos-user] New 7-Jun-2011 UIDE Driver, Etc.
Date:    Saturday, 11. June 2011
From:    Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com>
To:      "freedos-user" <freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
>    There's a new UIDE release, here's Jack's release notes:
> http://johnson.tmfc.net/dos/driver.html

Hello!

I'd like to thank Jack for his work, and I'm really very happy that DOS isn't
dead (yet). Seeing so many programs still being actively developed for DOS
makes me very happy!

>From a users point of view it is a good thing to have the required resources
to still use some old but useful DOS software that would otherwise end up in a
Virtual Machine with ancient versions of, mostly, MS-DOS.

I have an ASUS EeePC 901 with an older SSD, that now has its internal 4G
partition (first flash drive) used for FreeDOS. It runs and I'm happy. Most
drivers, like UIDE and JEMM386, work very well.

The problem is mostly to get drivers, like VESA and SOUND, to run on these
computers. I'm still to experiment with this issues, because I want to use the
EeePC for running my favorite DOS games as well.

Maybe I'll be here then more often!

Anyway, big THANKS to all developers out there who give their programs to all
of them DOS users, like me!
THANKS!

Cheers,
Andreas.