No worries on that score, Ralf. I got it all straightened out. I
installed the other version of FreeDOS (fdbasews.iso) using 'UNetbootin'
and got much better results. FreeDOS is now successfully installed on my
USB drive with no apparent complications.

On that note, I'd like to thank you and Felix for the information you
gave me on this matter. It was very helpful. :)

Arthur