> I'm still not sure how to get base directory names of drives and
> shares under standard COMMAND.COM. Perhaps time for 4DOS after all :)

While I was writing USBDRIVE, I found the only reliable way to detect which
drive letters were really used and find any information about directories and
such was to scan and manipulate the CDS (Current directory Structure) Table
directly.  No other calls (or even combination of calls) would reliably tell me
what I needed to know.